Conference 3 January 25, 2022
Innovation Systems for Sustainability
Industrial development has adversely affected the state of the environment, leading to a negative impact on the quality of human life. In an era of increased environmental awareness, society now expects business institutions to reverse the trend by minimizing the impact of their operations on the environment, and to contribute to improving its physical state. One approach to this end is through innovation systems geared towards sustainable development. These emanate from setting up an institutional ecosystem conducive to the launch of new products, processes, and services that are designed for both efficiency and effectiveness. Furthermore, institutions are contributing to enhance our physical environment by implementing strategies geared to “doing well by doing good.”
This one-day virtual conference part of Innovation Arabia invites conceptual or empirical research presentations, and case studies, thereby enabling interaction and debate between academics, practitioners, and other stakeholders to critically analyse the policies and strategies related to the developments of innovation systems for sustainability.
It features a judicious mix of events, including keynote speech, panel discussions, strong mix of invited and contributed research presentations, and technical demonstrations.
A broad definition of sustainable development is “development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”. The one-day virtual conference part of Innovation Arabia will address a number of themes relating to the contribution on innovation systems to sustainable development, including inter-alia:
- Adoption of environmental quality standards, lean production, and environmental performance
- Sustainable supply chains
- Consumer adoption of green products and the marketing of sustainable business initiatives
- Regulatory mechanisms, such as voluntary programs that act as information diffusion programs
- Antecedents of environmentally beneficial activities
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Healthcare Innovations for addressing Covid-19
- Innovations in Teaching and Learning in online environments